The following application instructions are for admission to the B.F.A. in Acting program. All applicants to the B.F.A. in Acting will also automatically be considered for the B.A. in Theatre and Dance. The B.F.A. in Acting program admits incoming freshman only.
1. Set up your UT EID
Your UT EID is your online account at The University of Texas at Austin. Get started here. Contact the Office of Admissions at 512-475-7399 for assistance.
2. Submit the Theatre and Dance Application
3. Register to Audition
Available: August 1, 2019
An audition is required for admission to the B.F.A. in Acting program.
There are three ways to audition. Please select ONE of the following:
- Audition online through Acceptd;
- Audition live on the UT Austin campus;
- Audition live at a regional conference or festival. You may be asked to attend an on-campus callback in January 2020. If you choose to audition at a regional event, please be sure to review the specific registration requirements for your event. The Theatre and Dance application does not constitute registration for that event. You must register with the host organization.
Applicants should prepare two contemporary, contrasting monologues totaling two minutes in length from published play scripts. Audition requirements for regional conferences/festivals will vary. Nervous? It's ok. Get audition tips from our faculty.
Upcoming Audition Dates for Fall 2020 Admission
On campus at The University of Texas at Austin:
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Saturday, December 7, 2019
- Saturday, December 14, 2019
Regional Conferences/Festivals (Note: All regional auditions require registration and approval to audition through the host organization):
- South Texas Theatre Auditions (McAllen, Texas): Monday, November 18, 2019
- North Texas Drama Auditions (Plano, Texas): Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Texas Thespians (Grapevine, Texas): November 21-23, 2019
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (Dallas, Texas): November 22-23, 2019
- Greater Houston Area Auditions (Houston, Texas): Sunday, November 24, 2019
- Greater San Antonio Area Auditions (San Antonio, Texas): Monday, November 25, 2019
- UNIFIED Auditions (Chicago, Illinois): February 3-4, 2020*
Applications to The University of Texas at Austin are due by December 1, regardless of the audition date you plan to attend.
*Only students interested in the B.F.A. in Acting are eligible to audition at UNIFIED (Chicago, Illinois).
4. Submit the ApplyTexas Application or Coalition Application
Available: August 1, 2019
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Apply Texas Application
- Begin a new application for Fall 2020 semester.
- Select "College of Fine Arts" as your first-choice school.
- Select your desired Theatre and Dance degree program as your first choice major.
- You may check the status of your application and update your selections through your MyStatus page.
- Complete your Coalition Profile for The University of Texas at Austin and navigate to the "Program" page.
- Enter "Theatre," "Dance" or "Acting" to select your first choice major.
- Select your desired theatre and dance degree.