Alexandra Bassiakou Shaw creates and performs new work nationally and internationally. She is the a company member and Managing Director of Austin-based theatre collective Rude Mechs and serves as Associate Producing Artistic Director of the UTNT (UT New Theatre). M.F.A., Columbia University.
What do you enjoy most about being a part of UT Theatre and Dance?
The biennial Cohen New Works Festival.
What is your favorite thing about Austin?
CRASHBOX, porch time, Barton Springs under a full moon, Fusebox Festival, Mozart's light show, papas egg and cheese and scootering at night!
New play dramaturgy, directing, arts entrepreneurship, performance
Directing I, Playwriting Workshop, Performance as Collaborative Practice
- The Cold Record (Under the Radar Festival (2019), Harbourfront Brave Festival (2019), Fusebox Festival (2019) - Director
- Not Every Mountain (Guthrie Theater 2018, Pivot Festival 2018, Fusebox Festival 2019) - Actor
- Fixing Troilus and Cressida (crushAustin 2018) - Director
- Your Mother's Copy of the Kama Sutra by Kirk Lynn (Museum of Human Achievement/Present Company 2018) - Director
- The Divine Narcissus by Liz Doss (Paper Chairs 2019) - Actor
- The City Wears a Slouch Hat by John Cage and Kenneth Patchen (Line Upon Line 2018) - Director