Applicants who consider themselves primarily playwrights, directors, designers, technicians or dramaturgs are required to submit a portfolio for admission to the B.A. in Theatre and Dance program. A portfolio is a collection of your work that is related to theatre and/or dance. Items may include:
- Directing: notes, blocking sketches, scene breakdowns;
- Stage Management: notes, blocking notations, call-sheets, script with cues, cue list, rehearsal notes;
- Theatrical Design: research, sketches, mood boards, renderings, models, light plots, draftings, production photos, and samples of sewing, tailoring, woodworking, drawing and painting;
- Dramaturgy: research, actor packets, program notes, timelines, cultural or historical context analysis;
- Playwriting: writing samples;
- Publicity and Administration: playbills/posters you have designed, marketing materials, fundraising plans, budgets
Upload your portfolio to Acceptd through the Theatre and Dance application.