Undergraduate Advising and Registration

Visit with the Theatre and Dance Academic Advisor

Mark-Anthony Zuniga

Links and Forms

Degree Guidelines and Sample Four-Year Plans

Core Curriculum Requirements

Undergraduate Catalog

Theatre and Dance Faculty Directory 

Frequently Asked Questions

May I have two majors (simultaneous majors)?

Students must have completed 30 hours of course work at UT Austin in order to add a second major. There are exceptions with students pursuing some Honors degrees. Please note that 30 hours in-residence at UT Austin does not include any CLEP credit, AP credit, SAT/ACT credit, distance-learning credit or dual enrollment credit hours.

You may start taking courses towards a second major within your first year. Students are encouraged to research other departments to learn the requirements for other majors.

Can I minor in Theatre or Dance?

While some colleges at UT will allow you to declare a minor in Theatre and/or Dance, the Department of Theatre and Dance will not recognize any official minor. It is the student’s responsibility to identify courses available to them as non-majors that fulfill the requirements of their own college. These students should meet with an academic advisor in the college in which they are currently enrolled to discuss how to complete a minor for their particular degree plan.

I registered for a class, it is after the 12th class day, but now I want to drop it. What do I do?

Go to Student Affairs at the College of Fine Arts (DFA 1.103) to pick up an Add/Drop form before the mid–semester drop deadline. See the current academic calendar for a schedule of deadlines. After the deadline, you will have to petition the appeals committee.

I want to change a course to Pass/Fail. What do I do?

Contact Mark-Anthony Zuniga to discuss the process.

I need my faculty advisor's signature, but I don't remember who I'm assigned to! OR my faculty advisor is on leave. What do I do?

Contact Mark-Anthony Zuniga for assistance.

How do I submit my concentration/elective form/degree audit?

The Interactive Degree Audit has trouble reconciling the requirements of our degrees due to our approved concentration/elective requirements. Most likely you will need to submit your concentration and elective form to Student Affairs at the College of Fine Arts (DFA 1.103) in order to use this program successfully. In the meantime, make an appointment with the department’s academic advisor.

I am sick or have personal circumstances that make it wise to withdraw for the semester. What do I do?

Contact Mark-Anthony Zuniga to discuss the process.

I hope to graduate this December. What do I do? 

Visit Student Affairs at the College of Fine Arts (DFA 1.103) BEFORE the mid semester deadline and fill out a graduation application.

What is FERPA: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act?