- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
How to Apply
Application Deadline for Fall 2017: December 16, 2016
The following application instructions are for admission to the M.F.A. in Drama and Theatre for Youth and Communities program.
The application for graduate admission is a multi-step process. For detailed instructions, please visit The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School online.
- To apply, go to ApplyTexas.org and create an account and fill out the form. Note: Online requests for recommendations will be activated only after you have completed and paid for your application.
- You will be able to choose your Area of Interest on a pull down menu, and this will ensure that you are applying to the right program. For example, “M.F.A. in Drama and Theatre for Youth and Communities,” “M.F.A. in Lighting Design,” etc.
- After completing and paying for your application you will be sent an email (within approximately 48 hours). This email will direct you to a site where you can check your Application Status (using your new EID) and begin to upload your application requirements.
In addition to your application, the following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the M.F.A. in Drama and Theatre for Youth and Communities program.
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- GRE Score: The GRE is required for admission to the M.F.A. in Drama and Theatre for Youth and Communities program.
The University of Texas at Austin Institution Code: 6882.
For more information, please visit www.ets.org
- Three letters of recommendation: These letters should be written by those who can speak most authoritatively about your background, training, professional experience and potential for a career in your chosen area of specialization in theatre.
Each reference will receive instructions on how to submit his/her letter online to the Graduate School's secured web site. Only one letter is required from each reference.
- Professional Résumé which details your theatre and education work and scholarship.
- Personal Statement which outlines and contextualizes relevant experience and future academic and professional goals in the field.
- Teaching Philosophy/Artist Statement.
- Supporting materials which might include: Sample drama/applied theatre curricula OR a detailed concept and approach for a theatre for young audiences production.
For detailed instructions, please visit The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School online.
For problems uploading your application or for further information, contact
Liesbeth Demaer, Graduate Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-232-9402.